Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Well, the end of the week is here.  And seriously, what an awful week, it's even beyond the point of laughing about it.
Let's recap.
Monday- Sarah cut her arm open with scissors, I had to write an outline for my impossible philosophy paper,  I had a pointless and uncomfortable meeting with a professor, and awaited the verdict of the Ireland trip, which never came.
Tuesday- I worked later than usual that morning, had to walk the dog in the freezing weather then take her to doggy day care, then my philosophy professor basically destroyed everyone's outline and told us all we're going to fail, then had an annoying women's lit class that I didn't read for, then found out that I didn't get into Ireland.  Unfortunately for Sarah, her birthday happened to fall upon this terrible day.  Then after we celebrated her birthday with dinner, I snapped at one of my best friends over something stupid and made her really upset.  And then my other really good friend had something happen that made her so upset also.
Wednesday- It monsooned all day.  Literally, MONSOON.  I had a science exam on nuclear energy at 8am, then got completely soaked going to my next class.  Then I babysat for five hours in a FREEZING house, getting soaked each time I had to go out to the car to drive a child to their respected activities.  Then, Sarah and I got pumped for zumba, and we walked through the freezing winds and pouring rain to the gym where we found out that it was on thursday at eight, not wednesday at eight.  So Sarah and I stayed and I had a joke of a workout because I just wanted to do zumba.  So then I got completely soaked coming back from the gym, and wanted to shoot myself.
Thursday- I went to work, came back, slept, and prepared for Sarah and my hour and a half oral exam on Jane Austen's Persuasion, Willa Cather's O Pioneer, and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's Purple Hibiscus which turned out to be a long time of our professor making us talk and listen to her talk about marriage and love and then when we were finished she said we didn't do well enough to raise our grade but didn't do badly enough to lower it.  So it was basically a big waste of nothing, and then we went to class for another hour and a half with the same professor discussing out new book Inheritance of Loss, which was painful.  And I left class early because I was sick.  AND THEN that night Sarah and I went to go to zumba and we found out that they cancelled the class as a whole, so we just walked back where we watched movies and complained about how awful life was at the moment.
And then there's today.
Sarah and I went to a really painfully uncomfortable convocation about sex and physical attraction and relationships, and then I had a really boring class afterwards.  And I had a really gross lunch.  And I have to babysit later for a new family for five hours, so we shall see.  It could be really fun or horribly irritating.
But for now, life is fine.  Sarah and I are listening to christmas music and I just cleaned up my area of the room, and I have laundry in the washer.  Unfortunately, I have a TON of homework to do this weekend, including my impossible philosophy paper.
But, on the happy side, my mom sent me some new jeans in the mail, and Sarah, Kesh, and I are going shopping tomorrow!  It'll be nice.
And then tomorrow night Laura and I were invited to a birthday party at the WILD semester house for our friend Hannah, and I'm not sure if I'll go or not.  I really like Hannah, but I don't know if it'd be awkward to go because I kinda know everyone but not really.  We'll see, why not go?
Anywho, I've had enough of this week, and I therefore put this post to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment