Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oh, today.
Here's some background story.  My mom is an avid sewer, she loves making quilts and costumes and all that nonsense, super crafty.  I could not be more opposite.  I absolutely hate crafts, sewing, fabric, and basically everything that comes in a Jo Ann fabrics store.  For as long as I can remember, my mom would truck me along to that terrible store and spend hours -literally, hours- looking through all sorts of fabrics and yarn and thread and oh I wanted to just pull my hair out.  However, once I hit my teens I was able to for the most part, escape from these outings.
Until tonight.
Sarah has been set on going to Jo Ann's for a few days now, to make a quilt.  So, reluctantly, I went with her.  It wasn't terrible,  but it was by no means fun.  I just stood there while Sarah picked through the three rows of fabric over and over.  However, there was a moment of excitement when I found the disney fabric section.
Anywho, after thirty or forty minutes, Sarah finds the fabric she wants, with what looks like a coach brand type pattern on it.  So she brings it up to get cut, and the lady says it won't let her register it into the machine, so she asks the guy behind her and this is where it gets silly.  Turns out, the fabric company called a day or two ago and asked to have that fabric pulled from the store because it bares too close of a resemblance to the coach pattern.  So, it could not be sold.  But he thanked us for finding this fabric because apparently they had been looking for it for hours to pull it out.
Like seriously, our luck.
And so the guy is really apologetic because he saw us picking around for so long.  And when we finally pick out the fabric, the guy makes sure we got these ridiculous discounts.  Basically, for less than the price of one of the fabrics, Sarah got two.  It was a sweet deal.
So it was worth it.
And then I got a text message from Laura who had taken my computer charger to the apple store to have it fixed, saying that sadly, Fernando's charger is dead.  So, add that to the list of things needing to be bought.
But on the plus side, I finished my research paper around 3:30 this afternoon, so now all that's left of the night is a movie and bedtime :)
The movie, by the way, is the roommate.
It may totally freak both Tibby and I out, but I feel like since we already threaten to move out every other day, it can't get much worse, right?
Sike, we like each other in real life.
Anywho, I'm gonna watch this movie and get some sleep.
Goodnight, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment