Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Oh, babysitting.  Today is lessons day!
The first thing the youngest boy said to me when I picked him up was 'here ya go' and thrusted a saxophone case at me.
No no no, that is not how you speak to me, I had to explain to him.  So then we had a short lesson in manners, and I carried his sax back for him.  It wasn't as mean as it sounds, it was more like jokes and giggles while I told him to say please and thank you.
And then the middle child came hobbling in on crutches, because he broke both his feet at gymnastics, and now the boys are teaching me the ways that they multiply numbers.  The middle child just proved his genius by doing a ridiculously hard math problem in his head.  It was thousands times thousands.
And now the boys are discussing the war ending, a nine and a twelve year old.  The youngest of the kids says he wouldn't want to go to war because it'd be too boring, and if he died he'd want to die a more exciting way than being blown up.
I just left it alone.
The kids are really funny though, they're teaching me to be smart.  I wonder if they're just bored or if they actually think that I am unintelligent.
Also, as a plus, the mother came home to pick something up for a second and turned the heat on in the house.
Hallelujah.
Too bad I'm already bundled up in my sweats and wool socks.
Anywho, the day is going well so far, and now we're going to watch mythbusters.

No comments:

Post a Comment