Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011


Also, the phantom of the opera is heartbreaking.  It's one of my favorite shows, and I love the movie as well.  It's so sad though, I know the phantom is a super creep and has some creepy sexual attraction to Christine, but I also think he really loves her.  And I think that she kind of had some sort of love for him as well, before he captured her and tried to kill her fiancé.  And even if she didn't love him, she felt for him because he had such a hard life.  There's this one specific scene and just kills me, it's right after Christine pulls the phantom's mask off and he drags her down to his lair, and then Raoul shows up and the phantom wigs out and threatens to kills Raoul if Christine choses him over the phantom.
The reason why I think it's so sad is because Christine is singing and she's saying 'the tears that I might have shed for your dark fate grow cold and turn to tears of hate."
The part that really kills me (and I play over and over because it's so sad) is when she's singing to the phantom and calling him angel of music and especially when she says 'angel of music, you deceived me', because it shows that she didn't think of him as a monster until he did this.  Poor phantom, I would have chosen him.  Raoul is annoying.  The phantom loved her so much and in the end he even let her go because he loved her so much.  And then he's sitting there with his little singing monkey toy because it makes him happy and ahhhhhh it's just so sad.
Check out the part I'm talking about, so sad.  Poor phantom.
the part that kills me starts at 7:33, especially 7:53

No comments:

Post a Comment