Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Okay I need to get this off my chest.  I'm in love, obsessed, and I cannot stop thinking about it.  What is it, you may ask, that has captured me so?
Ireland.
There is a trip through Gordon that is going to Ireland in January and oh do I want to go!!!  Not only have I never been out of the country (not even to Canada, folks) I have never been a missions trip through Gordon.  It's technically a 'service-learning' trip because the participants learn about the conflict between Catholics and Protestants in the area that they're going to (North Belfast), and they serve a peace-promoting organization by playing with the children and working the cafe and doing whatever needs to be done.  Oh how I want to go!!!!  I could ramble on an on about the aspects that interest me, but I'll spare you.
The problem is, however, that there are at least 36 people interviewing for this trip, and only nine people get to go.  I had my interview last night and while it was fun and seemed to go well, I don't know if it was exceptional or worthy of a spot on the trip.  I was told that I'll find out hopefully during quad break, which is in a week.  Such excitement!  
Also, here's the experiment of the month: can Sarah (me) eat gluten?  I have been gluten free for a few years, however I am recently convinced that this is no longer true.  Why and how, I'm not really sure.  However, I've been throwing in a teeny bit of gluten into my everyday life lately, and so far all's well.  Actually, I've had straight up flour tortilla wraps for the past three or four weeks and I've been totally fine.  I know I should go to a doctor about this, but I'm really not pumped about getting poked and prodded and having tubes down my throat as well as losing my identity as being gluten defective.  It's a part of me, being a 'glutentard' as my friends Brian and Eli fondly call it.  Do I want to give that up?
Well, quite frankly, yes I do.  Life would be a heck of a lot easier without checking ingredients on EVERYTHING and eating yogurt for dinner three nights a week.  But, we shall see, because like I said, I'm really not up for having a camera tube down my throat.
I'll cave eventually.
In the meantime, pray that I get accepted to Ireland!!  It'd be a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment