Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Another day, another philosophy class.  Today our professor is telling us about how his TA's are going to 'defecate' on all of our papers that we're handing in today so we can cry ourselves to sleep, because 'that is how we learn'.  I hate this class oh so much.  Now he's talking about how the average grade on this paper is a three out of ten, and that no one gets an A in the class.  There's NO way I'm taking this class again, so this man better not fail me.
However, there are only eleven more of these awful classes, but one more debate and I'll have to re-do my paper because he'll undoubtedly destroy my first one.
At least this week is significantly better.  It's a good week so far.  Also, I think it may have to do with the fact that I'm not a complete bum this week like I have been every other week.  I realized that yoga pants and sweatshirts were taking over my life, but now I'm back.
Speaking of being less bum-like, I'm going to do a few hair/make-up tutorials within the upcoming week, just for fun.
Also, I am SO excited for Thanksgiving break.  I miss my family so much, and my house and my pups and my friends and my room and my TV and candles and seasonal decorations.  Ahhh, what a difference between now and this time last year.  Last year I was like clinging to my dorm saying don't make me go home, and now I'm like let me leave!  Four weeks from today, we shall leave (Sarah and I).
Sarah's coming back to Jersey with me for thanksgiving, which will be really fun because she will understand so much about me once she lives with my family and experiences my friends for a few days. We're going to go to my high school's thanksgiving football game and then off to princeton for thanksgiving dinner with the whole family!  It'll be nice, I'm really excited.
And then I am SOOO excited for christmas break.  I'm literally going to have an internal party ever day of break because that will mean that I never (hopefully) have to go to another examined life, scientific enterprise, old testament, or women's lit class.  And I can just sleep and do nothing for a solid month.  Actually, the time between now and thanksgiving break is almost exactly as long as christmas break is.  That makes it seem shorter, I think.  Oh well.
ALSO Sarah and I have discovered a new obsession: Once Upon A Time.
It's a new TV series Sunday nights on abc, and it premiered two days ago.  Basically, it's genius.  It includes all of the classic fairytale characters like snow white, rumpelstiltskin, jiminy cricket, etc.  And basically, the fairytale characters have a curse put on them by the evil villain and send them to Storybrook, Maine, where they are frozen in time and forget who they are, so they all just act as normal people in a town.  But then there's all these twists and such and ahhh it's so good.  I think it's definitely a girly series, I can't see any guy willingly tuning in every week.  But yes, I highly recommend it.
This classroom is freezing.  Bleh.  I'm going to do some reading now.
Enjoy your tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment