Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Last night I got in the face by a really bad cold.  I hate having colds, because it just sounds so wimpy and stupid, the name really doesn't measure up to how crappy I feel.  I'm layered up on my bed amidst mounds of tissues and vitamins in hopes that I recover soon enough for class tomorrow.  It all happened so fast, I went to the gym, ate dinner, and started the finale of Julia Roberts week with Sarah, feeling perfectly fine.  Then, after Steel Magnolias and in the middle of Erin Brockovich, it began.  I was sneezing and dizzy and the aches started.  So sad.
Lucky for me I have very little homework this weekend, and that much is completed.  Unluckily, Sarah and I are planning to cook dinner for us and a few friends tonight, and seeing as how I'm a viral plague at the moment, it might not be wise for me to prepare food for several people.  But the thought of roasted vegetables and potatoes and chicken just sounds so divine, especially when compared to what's for dinner at the dining hall.
Also I experimented with Nyquil for the first time last night.  I have never taken something that makes you fall asleep before, so I was really excited to see what would happen.  All I remember is sitting up about twenty minutes after I took it to see if I felt sleepy, and collapsing back into bed for a lovely ten hour sleep.  I think this may be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Anywho, I'm going to put on a disney movie and get naptime in on this wonderful Sunday afternoon.
Tis the best medicine, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment