Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2011

The uncles are in, along with my Grandma.  I love my family and all its craziness, but sometimes I just need a break.  So, I'm locked in my room enjoying listening to nothing but the whizzing sound of my ceiling fan.  My dad is a homebrewer, and a very good one I hear.  He was featured in the paper a few years ago and has all these ribbons and blah blah blah anyways people always go nuts over his latest brew. So my uncles come in and about two hours later my dad comes into the living room saying 'the keg is empty?!'
So then my uncles and my mom start laughing and shouting the keg is empty!  what do we do!  Gotta refill!  And the next thing I know I'm getting shoved into the back of my mom's van as we drive on a 'family outing' to the liquor store because my dad ran out of his own stuff.  I still had cookie dough all over me from making my latest batch.
Anyways so we go and my mom ends up getting six bottles of wine and my dad gets a refill on the keg and my uncles get their own stuff and I find myself in the backseat of the car going home with all this alcohol.  I'm pretty sure they brought me solely to carry the cases.
Anywho, it's always interesting and fun being with the family.  My dad has to work tomorrow morning, so, as I said, I have to get Heather from the airport in Philly which makes me beyond nervous.  It's no secret that I both hate driving and have terrible luck doing so.  But, she must be retrieved, so I shall go.  I'm hoping to smooth things over because I want her to be happy and I want a nice christmas for everyone.
I found myself thinking of the imaginary man today as well.  I haven't spoken to him since Monday, as he is traveling between islands for the holiday, and I wondered if we would speak before Christmas.  Is that something that one does in this situation?  Is it a bad sign if that doesn't happen or is everything situational?
I am most definitely a girl and thankfully, a maturing one because I no longer allow myself to dwell on such thoughts with the imaginary man given the excruciatingly unrealistic nature of the situation.
Oh, to dream though...

No comments:

Post a Comment