Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Oh, the night that Stephanie and I have had.
Well, mostly Stephanie.  She got the brunt of the trauma.
We decided to have a girly DIY night.  We cut up an old t-shirt into strips and I rag-curled Steph's hair.  This, for those of you who don't know, is a really easy process to give yourself natural curls.  I'll break it down for you.
-First, you separate the hair into chunks and spray the pieces so that they're damp.
-With the strips of fabric, start from the bottom and roll the strip up your hair, wrapping it around the strip and tie it off at the top.


The Final Product.  Hopefully tomorrow morning when we release the curls, it'll be beautiful and neat like it's supposed to.  After yanking and rolling and pulling her hair, we moved on to the homemade wax idea.  She was of course very excited at the prospect, although she was the guinea pig.  I made the wax (honey, lemon juice, and sugar) and heated it up, burning my finger twice while testing the temp.  So we get the extra t shirt strips and I apply the wax and strips as directed, and wah wah wah...it didn't work.  Steph was practically giggling as I attempted to rip the hair from her legs.  We're going to tweak the ingredients and try again tomorrow.  Steph's poor legs are not splotchy and missing random patches of hair.


As for me, I'm sitting here with my new purchase:
Crest White Strips.  I've never used a teeth whitener before, so I'm hoping for the best.  39.99 at Target and 'satisfaction guaranteed'.  Comfort, however, is an issue.  Not only do I feel like I have wads of paper attached to my teeth, I have a lisp and feel like it's weird to talk.  I'm also slightly paranoid that the strips are going to slip off of my teeth and it'll be a waste of a strip.  They're kept on my teeth for thirty minutes, and I am exactly half way through at the moment.  
This is my kind of craft.  I'm constantly being dissed for my lack of craftiness, but which of you have pulled off rag curls and home-made wax?  That's me being crafty.
Anyways, as I wait for the white strips, I'm going to continue to watch the Lizzie Mcguire Movie with Stephie.
Also, I want to point out that it's 1:56am and all these adventures began past midnight.  We're wild women.
Goodnight friends!

1 comment: