Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Today was the loveliest of days.  To get the bad and bizarre out first, Lucia got her credit card number stolen and someone charged quite a bit of money from her account.  Luckily she found out within hours of the guy doing it and got it straightened out and the card cancelled and such.  Also, I sliced my finger open today.  On what, you may ask?
On the cap of a tub of icing.
My life is full of jokes.
Anywho, so now my finger is bandaged up and will be good as new tomorrow!
So aside from those two mishaps, the day was great.  I cleaned the kitchen, did laundry, cleaned the living room and got all set for my get together tonight.  When Stephanie got out of work, she came over and we went out with my feverish mother to get groceries, and boy was that an event.  The woman is crazy enough when she is healthy and coherent, but today she was super out of it and even sillier than usual due to her flu-like symptoms.
Needless to say (I always want to write it needlesstosay for some reason) it was a funny trip out.  And then Steph and I unloaded the million groceries while having a 'snowball fight' with the plastic bags at Lucia.  In preparation (pause: Stephanie is now sitting across from me being a complete nut and suddenly stopped, looked at me, and whispered don't even think about putting me in a straight jacket. yay for sleepovers!) for Greg and Beckie to come over, we got some pre-made cookie dough out (this probably breaks Tibbs' heart) and got out the good ol cookie cutters to make some holiday sugar cookie. Beckie arrived and helped us make all the cookies and Greg helped us decorate when he got there.  That's when things got interesting.
these are my beautifully designed cookies.  notice the bowtie.
some of our dazzling creations.

Of course, we four old friends can never just have an average night of cookie-making.  So, because Greg does not like to get messy and is so meticulous about his face, I slap some cream cheese frosting onto his cheek, which turns into a frosting beard, which turns into Beckie running over to also get a frosting beard, and Stephanie close behind to get hers.
Being the talented frosting artist that I am, I made sure to make all of the facial frostings different.
notice Beckie's twirly french mustache.  For the next thirty minutes Beckie walked around attempting a terrible french accent and saying random french words.  It was a good time.
Also, we found that the icing, being so thick, had a tendency to drip off of the face and onto garments and such.

My lovely creations.  That sounds super creepy but I was referring of course to the facial hair, not the actual people.
Anywho, after Lucia forced us all to wash off the frosting, we ate some of the delicious cookies and began a game of not disney scene it, but scattergories this time.  And I may just like scattergories even more than disney scene-it.  
Lucia even ended up joining us for a few rounds.  After two hours of laughing hysterically at how easily the game turned dirty, we took some lovely holiday photos (seriously, these beauties are fit for sending out as our official christmas cards).

Yes.  A lovely night indeed.  Now Stephanie and I are watching Freaky Friday and talking about boys and life and that good girly stuff.
And tomorrow I'm getting ice cream with a friend and then heading over to my cousins' house in Princeton for some fun family time which will be exciting.  And then when I come back on Friday, Steph and I will be going shopping for her boyfriend's Christmas present and then my mom's family will be arriving from Michigan.  Then it's Christmas Eve(my most favorite day of the entire year) and then Christmas!!
Also, the imaginary man left me a super nerdy christmas message today.  I swooned.
Goodnight for now and I will be back on friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment