Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

What a long day and it's only 9:30.
Not too bad, though.  8am classes will never be fun, but I got out a bit early, and old testament wasn't too bad.
And then I had a babysitting job on campus at 1pm.  This is where things got interesting.  Elementary age kids, piece of cake, toddlers and babies, no problem.  But boy did this four year old girl throw me for a loop.
I don't babysit many kids between the ages of two and seven, so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect.  My niece is four but she's really shy and sweet and easygoing.  This little girl was chatty, sassy, and hyper.  She was stinkin adorable, and I really enjoyed playing with her for a little of the afternoon.  We went on 'adventures' walking around the campus, colored a little, watched winnie the pooh for a bit, then she went home.  We were sitting in my dorm room, the little girl and I, and Sarah and I were discussing the tea party tomorrow and making plans while the little girl was entranced by winnie the pooh.  It was a sweet job.
I also realized that I hate winnie the pooh.  Hate him.  In the first ten minutes I was like oooh winnie the pooh I miss this I love it!  And then I'm like no way, I take it all back.  Because you've got this OCD erratic rabbit who is always getting his stuff messed with and broken, an annoying stuttering pig with confidence issues, an arrogant owl, a freaking annoying tiger, and winnie the pooh- the worst character of all.
One of the scenes in the movie was pooh going to rabbit's house and asking for some honey.  Rabbit gives him a little like he asked for, and then pooh looks at rabbit like 'seriously, this is all you give me?' and he ends up going through like eight jars and completely cleaning rabbit out of all his honey.  He's such a mooch, and that's not a good friend.  And he always has these stupid ideas that end up bringing trouble to his friends and every time the narrator said the next chapter was about tigger or someone else, Pooh gets all pouty and asks why its not about him.
Oh, how he annoys me.  He's really self-centered and spoiled, but he's really sneaky about it.  Instead of saying he wants honey, he says things like 'oh, I wouldn't mind some honey right now' in the middle of a completely unrelated conversation.  And then that character he was talking to is now obligated to serve him honey.
I just hate it all.  But the little girl was so into it, so whatev.
And the tea party is tomorrow!  Sarah has been slaving away for hours preparing food and I've done virtually nothing, which is probably unfair.  So, I'm going to get up tomorrow and clean and do what needs to be done so she doesn't have to be working all morning either.
Also, I have to babysit tomorrow form 4:30 till midnightish.  My life!
So for now, I'm off to sleep.
Goodnight all, happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment