Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Post That Was Actually Written Three Days Ago...

We hosted a tea party today in the Sarah Suite.  I woke up at 9am and Sarah and I assembled food, cleaned our horrendous room as well as bathroom, took out our seventeen bags of everyday trash, and even managed to look pretty by the time people got here at 2pm.  Kesh also came over a bit early and decorate for us, and Laura helped a lot with dishes and such.
All in all, it was super fun.  Sarah made everything from scratch, right down to the mayonaise used in the chicken salad sandwiches.  The menu was:
Cranberry chicken salad sandwiches
Mint cucumber sandwiches
orange and cranberry scones
fruit tarts
cream puffs
chocolate covered strawberries
and of course, tea.
cream puffs!

fruit tarts!

cucumber cream cheese&cranberry chicken salad sandwiches!

cranberry orange scones!

Rachel&Laura enjoying the delights.

tea, of course.

And, the ladies.

Twas a delicious day.  And then after devouring most of the food, we all played apples to apples for a while.  It was a very quick and lovely day.
I went right from the midst of the tea party to babysit, from which I have just returned.  That experience will come in a different post if I remember.  In short, I wish I had written down all of the hysterical things that three year old said to me.  The cutest.
Anywho, now that I am thoroughly exhausted, stress has just settled upon me as well.  While talking to the baby's mother before she left, she was telling me about her classes at Gordon and said they were all great except for one, which was by far, the worst and most difficult was astronomy.  And me, being the ever so lucky girl that I am, have that in my schedule for next semester.  And the only changes I can make is for microeconomics, which may or may not totally suck.
Ugh, life.
I also have the impossible old testament paper due monday that I have yet to start.
So tired.  Times like these that I so wish I had a big plush comforter and a bunch of fluffy pillows to jump into and sleep.  My bed seems so lame and uncomfortable now in comparison.  Or maybe it's just that way in real life.
Yeah.
I need to go to sleep.
More tomorrow, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment