Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

There's Really No Way To Describe My Roommate Relationship.

College is weird.  Sleeping patterns, roommate interactions, and how time is spent is just so odd.  It can't be like this in real life- can it?
I have never taken naps, my whole life.  Even last year, never took naps.  I always thought people were really weird to waste time and sleep during the day.  But this year, I'm sleeping almost every free minute I have.  I get up at 6:15am for work, come back at nine and go to sleep, go to class, come back and sleep, then do homework and go to meetings and whatever else needs to be done, then go to bed again.  I'm always sleeping, but it's never enough.  I'm always tired.  I think it's the babysitting at 7am that's messing me up.
And then roommates.  Most of my friends have really weird relationships with their roommates.  Not bad, but not normal.  Sarah and I interact really weirdly.  I annoy the crap out of her when I'm bored, and she tells me she hates me and I'm useless pretty frequently.  We're pretty much always yelling and laughing/crying about our lives and our disgusting excuse of a room.  One of us also declares that we are moving out on a daily basis.  But in real life, we really like each other and we would never actually move out.  It's just how we interact.  It's perfectly normal to me because I'm used to it, but when I take a step back and look at it, it's pretty weird.  For example, just a little while ago while Sarah and I were both trying to write essays (which we don't usually do in the same room for now obvious reasons), I told her I was listening to her because I had my headphones in, she looked over at me with one of her death glares, said 'die', and went back to her essay.  And for some reason, I find it hysterical.  Normal people would maybe be a bit intimidated, but every insult and argument usually ends in us just laughing about something stupid.  It works out.
And how time is spent isn't so much odd, it's just weird for me.  In high school I would go work at concerts and go to the movies and go into philly and do lots of fun things.  Here, we never want to leave our room because we're so tired and it's usually pretty late by the time we're finished with our homework.  So we watch movies.  And laugh about how unfortunate our lives are at this point in time.

However, Sarah is having her tea birthday party this saturday, which will be new and fun!
Anywho, I'm gonna watch me some SVU while Sarah finishes her essay.
By the way, mine is pretty much done.  I've written all of it and just need to do the graphs, which will take ten minutes at most.
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment