Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sarah and I (are you ready?)...went out last night.  After Eli and I took Benny to get appraised, we came back to the dorm and decided to go to boston with Sarah.  And so we drove to the station, hopped on a few trains, and were in boston.  On a friday night.  Sarah and I (and Eli).
We went to dinner at Uno's, which I have never been to, and it was fantastic.  I have delicious leftovers that I am anxiously awaiting to eat for lunch.  Chicken&brocolli alfredo.
Then we went to the candy shop.  Not any candy shop, but the mother of all candy shops.


Sarah almost spent thirty bucks on candy, but put one bag back and settled on thirteen dollars worth.  It was the weirdest sorts of candies.  Chocolate covered cookie dough, brownie, marshmallow, graham cracker clusters, and the alcohol balls.  There were irish cream-filled chocolate balls and I tried one and thought it was good, so I got a few.  Then I added a bunch of cognac-filled chocolate balls because I figured I'd like them too.  Now I'm left with all of these alcohol balls that I don't like anymore.
Sarah, surprisingly, loves the alcohol balls.  Go figure.
Anywho after that we went to this traveling vendor called 'kick-ass cupcakes' and bought some delicious cupcakes.  Mine was raspberry truffle flavored.
And we just walked around and checked stuff out.  It was a lot of fun.  And by nine pm we were back in our beds, watching grey's anatomy, completely exhausted.
But the point is, we went out.  We were like college students.
At one point we went into a Starbucks and saw students everywhere in this large Starbucks studying and reading and oh, how I was jealous.  I so wish at times like those that I went to school in the city.
It was a fun night though.  Now we know that we are capable of being social and going out, maybe we'll try it again.  Baby steps.
For now, we've filled our fun quota for the weekend, and we have a lazy day planned ahead of us.

As for Benny, the appraisal man says in his opinion, Benny is totaled, but I really don't think he is.  So we shall see.  That's life as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment