Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wednesdays.  The day that I transform from an average college student into a soccer mom.  The oldest boy is sitting over the guinea pig pen narrating an animal planet special on 'the wild guinea pigs'.  I walked into the room and I hear "here crawl the endangered wild guinea pigs of Massachusetts.  Observe as they drop the carrot beneath them and can't find it."
Funny kids.  The other boy was just launching himself off of the couch onto a pile of cushions.  Not anymore though, no sir, no kids will be getting injured on my watch.  He's now contently eating a cookie and reading his book.
Anywho, it's wednesday and I'm not feeling too great.  Benny is being taken away today and I will never see him again, I have two essays to write, and an exam to study for.  But all i can think about is what I'm going to pack for break and what hairstyle to do with my new dress.
Oh yes, I forgot the exciting news:
SARAH AND I ARE GOING TO NYC.  I'm returning to my beloved city to spend time with my lovely family and see the sights.  Also, part two:
WE'RE GOING TO SEE MARY POPPINS ON BROADWAY!
As you can see, it has gotten great reviews.  Plus Sarah's a fan, so it'll be fun.  Also, beforehand, we are joining my Aunt&Uncle and a few other family members for a nice dinner at Orso in the theater district.  And for this, I bought a new dress.  It's black and lace and I'm really hoping it looks as good on as it did online.  Sarah also wants to buy a broadway dress, so we shall shop.
I'm so excited.  I love the glamour of New York, and this time we're going to be hitting up some famous hot spots in New York that were featured in popular movies.
We're going to the cafe from 'You've Got Mail' for lunch,

and Serendipity 3 from 'Serendipity' for frozen hot chocolates,

and then I think we're going to the museum of natural history, which of course was featured in 'Night at the Museum'.  There's a lot of ideas floating around, but we're not entirely positive what we'll be doing.
Oh, how I cannot wait to go home.  Due to Benny's death, we will be taking a bolt bus from Boston to Philly, where Homie will pick us up.  The upside: I don't have to drive home.  The downside: we're going to have to leave around five in the morning to make the bus in Boston.  Possibly earlier, depending on Eli's work schedule that morning.  Eli is being kind enough to drive us to the bus.
I'm so excited to come home.  I can't wait to see my family and my puppies and my friends and my house and my bed and light candles and have the house smell like Christmas.  For now, I want to just pack up everything and be ready.  I'm even doing homework early in an attempt to be more ready.
I'M SO EXCITED.
six days.

No comments:

Post a Comment