Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2012

You know what's disgusting?
Alka-seltzer.
In my Christmas stocking this year, Lucia loaded my sister and I up with ibuprofen and alka-seltzer to bring back to school.  Being that I don't usually get fevers or colds (or take medicine when I do), I wasn't expecting to be using these meds.
However, on the second day of class I got hit by a bus.
Metaphorically, of course.
A bus of flu-like symptoms which I have ignored long enough.  So finally, today I cracked open the alka-seltzer, as it advertises the relief of every single symptom I have.
But oh, is it nasty.  I have a sick feeling in my stomach now that I've downed a glass of that concoction.  So hopefully, it will work and some good will come of this.  It also says that it causes drowsiness, which is great because I'm already sleepy and trying to do homework.  So an hour from now, I'll probably be passed out for a mid-Sunday nap.
In spite of this bummer illness, I'm still enjoying the semester.  Last night a few friends came over and we all hung out in my room and played scattergories, which is one of my most favorite games.  And Tibbs made these delicious raspberry chocolate chip brownies so it was just a lovely night altogether.
And now I must be off to do some homework and be more productive than the slug I was yesterday.
Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment