Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Oh, the babysitting.
These kids are too funny.  They used to live in France and they're now explaining to me the difference between French and American school systems.  They're talking about life in France and how America sucks and now they're telling me how easy my physics homework is.  The two oldest are arguing loudly and all of a sudden the youngest just shouted 'all cats have autism' and he's dead serious.
Oh man this should be filmed, these kids.  They're all so hyper and loud and hysterical.
Anywho, I've had such an off day!  I woke up early so that I could shower before class and I didn't wake up early enough so I was rushing and then I was rushing to each class and then I was so excited about being finished with class that afterwards I completely forgot that I was babysitting today.  Lucky for me, I remembered at 2:45 that I had to babysit at three.  So I threw on my boots and stuffed my backpack and ran out the door and got here at 2:55, in perfect time.
And now I'm here with this lovely crew:
They're too funny.  It's nice to actually enjoy babysitting.  Sure, it sucks to be the rule-enforcer sometimes, but it's mostly fun because the kids listen to me (for the most part) and it's fun being silly together.
It was a really nice day.  I was super excited because in my physics class today we were doing these ridiculous equations and logarithms and such and I actually got the problems right.  Now this, as you probably don't realize, is a very big deal.
A very very very big deal.  I am horrible at math.  Terribly, embarrassingly bad at math so for me to get one of these physics equations right on the first try after not studying math for three years is a very big deal.
And I've been pumped ever since.
Anywho, I'm now going to go continue the job search and watch the big bang theory.
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment