Pages

Friday, January 6, 2012

Oh my goodness.
Mississippi.
I could be moving to Mississippi for three months.  By myself.  All alone.  I looked at a map to the town I would be moving to, and oh my goodness is it far away.  By myself.  All alone.  1,192 miles away, in the very edge of the dirty south all alone working my first real adult job doing adult things.
I'm only nineteen.
How can I be an adult already?
Oh goodness, am I ready for this?  Am I ready to pack up and move a thousand miles away and live on my own for three months?
This has obviously turned into way more than an internship opportunity.  This is a step into adulthood.
On the one end I'm so incredibly excited for this opportunity and to be able to go back to Gulfport, MS and work directly with people who want my help.  I don't know if I've ever felt better than I have when working for Habitat for Humanity.
But shoot is it scary.  And what if I hate it?
I guess this is all kind of irrelevant because I don't know anything about this internship and I may not even accept it.
Oh, but I just loved Mississippi, and New Orleans is only the distance that NYC is to me now.
And that is where I met the imaginary man who is responsible for the internship in the first place.
Oh, but how I loved it when I was there...

I helped build that wall frame!




Oh, Mississippi.
Well, I'm going to stop freaking out and get to sleep.
Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment