Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I can't remember the last time I was this angry.
So in place of a final, I have a group project to pitch to my professor during the final exam period.  So I was put in a group with three boys and a girl and we decided to do a fiction short film piece.  We picked one of the boys' ideas and started developing it except every time I offered some input, this one boy shot it down and gave one of his ideas, which of course were always accepted because that's the polite thing to do.  The whole class period was being run between the girl and the nasty boy; he would give an idea and she would be like yeah that's great and put it into the story and I hated all of it.  But at the same time I know it's not just my project so I tried not to disagree with all of the ideas but literally I gave at least ten ideas/suggestions and they were all shot down and it was so incredibly discouraging.  And the boy was just so convinced that his insight was genius and everything I came up with was crap.  And the other two boys just sat there and didn't say anything when this guy is like stomping all over me.  I wasn't expecting them to pick a fight with him, but come on guys back me up.
It's just so incredibly frustrating because there are things that I know will not work with this story and things that I really think would make it better, but no one will listen to me and the boy is undermining everything I say so I just come across as stupid and incompetent.
So basically I just want to start screaming/punch that freaking kid's face.
And I realize this may seem like I'm just being really dramatic and freaking out about nothing, but this project is really important to me.  I take this class seriously, because this is what I want to do with my life. So to do my best to contribute and be a part of this project and be continuously shut down and have every input rejected is more than personal, and I'm not just going to step aside and let it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment