Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

I was in a super good mood all day and kept texting Kesh and telling her things like how I felt like I was invincible and silly things like that.  Then the adventures began.
So it started out with getting assigned to my final project group in visual storytelling, which wasn't in itself an adventure but foreshadowed the eventful days of filming/writing/brainstorming ahead.  A few classes later I'm headed to babysit, like I do every Monday.  As I'm waiting in the empty house for the kids to come home, I notice a weird smell, almost like a wet blanket was hidden somewhere in the room.  And I'm watching Ellen on youtube and thinking about how weird it smells and the child comes home about fifteen minutes later, at which point I suddenly have a horrible headache.  And then it clicks.
I run over to the stove and notice the front burner is on full blast without the flame, and start to realize the danger.  So I run around the house opening windows and doors and telling the child (who likes to light candles) that if he lights a match we all die.  The scene ends with the child and I sitting on the lawn out front, waiting for the older kids to get home.
It's all good now and I've called the mother and checked all the pets, so crisis averted.
Also, I'm feeling pretty thankful that I turned off the burner before I passed out and died.
And then I go and drop off the middle child at gymnastics, return home, and the youngest informs me that he sent a hockey puck through a window in the house, shattering it.
So basically never get cocky about how good you are at life, because then you'll get hit with a bunch of crises.
But now I must go because I just heard the youngest scream followed by 'uh-oh...'

No comments:

Post a Comment