Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

I haven't blogged in so long!
The thing is, I start a lot of blog posts and then I get a call or have to go to class or something comes up so I can't finish them.  But tis a babysitting day, so I'm all yours.
I'm really getting to enjoy babysitting days.  Now that the kids know me more it's fun because we can all be silly and enjoy each other, but they still respect me enough to listen when I ask them to do something or stop doing something.
Today was an unusual babysitting day.  I went right from class to a woman's house where Emily (the eldest of the three) was having a piano lesson, picked her up and drove to her house where the other two were just getting back from school and starting on their homework.  Then the plumber came and I talked to him for a bit before he went to the basement to do his work.  And then the mom came home really quick to take the middle child to a make-up gymnastics session and asked me to prep dinner.
Now, I warned her.  I told her that I have a very little amount (embarrassingly little amount) of cooking skills and while I was willing to do whatever she needed to be done, it may turn out very odd and unlike she had wanted.  So, she gave me the simple task of cutting up a zucchini and two peppers for stir-fry while she went to run her errands.
So I'm thinking this is easy-peasy, cutting up some vegetables.  But when I pick up the knife to cut the pepper, I realize i have no idea where to start.  And what are stir-fry sized pepper pieces supposed to look like anyways?  Yes, this is embarrassing and I realize that any normal woman would have a basic knowledge of how to chop various vegetables.
But as we know, I'm anything but normal.
So I call my mom, cracking up, telling her I have no idea how to cut up this pepper and she walks me through it.  A chopping-peppers-for-dummies kind of tutorial over the phone.  I'd tell you how she described it to me, but that would just create more embarrassment for me than I'm ready to allow.
Anywho, now the veggies are chopped, the chicken marinating, and the kids content and occupied with their various toys/technologies.
So that's my day.  I also went to get gas earlier today and made an awkward fool out of myself.  This is the first time I've gotten gas in Mass since being back (yes, my gas mileage is that good) and so I was a little confused.  In Jersey, as I'm sure you know, we get our gas pumped for us, which always flusters me.  I tend to say I want super instead of regular or say thirty instead of fifteen or just stutter and forget what I'm saying because I'm trying to turn off the car, open the gas cap, and find my money all at the same time without keeping the guy waiting.  I hate it.  So i was looking forward to a nice relaxing gas trip where I wouldn't make anyone wait and could go at my own slow speed.  I realize that this all sounds mildly ridiculous, but it's just the way I think.  So I pull up to this gas station that I've never been to before on my way to work, and right as I pull up to the pump this guy comes out of nowhere and asks me what kind of gas I'd like.  So I just stare at him awkwardly for about twenty seconds before waking up and realizing that this guy is going to pump my gas.  So I get all flustered and stutter and get my gas and book it out.  I'm a freak.
Also, I've got a super fun weekend ahead of me.  Tomorrow my friends and I are going to the rainforest cafe for dinner and then saturday I'm going to Boston for the day with Laura and Steven!  So exciting, I'm just loving this semester so far.  Such a drastic difference.
Anywho, I should get on this homework business.
Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment