Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I always open up this little post box thinking I'm going to write something really interesting and witty instead of a run-down of my day.  But every time I start, it ends up turning into a run-down of my day anyways so I just close the box and move on with my day.  This, friends, is why there have been so many days since my last post.  I'm sick of talking about my day and how I feel about it.
So let's talk about something outside of myself.
It's February, so of course Valentines Day comes to mind.
I love Valentines Day.  I love the pinks and reds, the candy, the flowers, the valentines, the tv specials, and all of the boys doing super cute things for their girls.  Of course I am still me, so I can only take so many overly sappy couples before I get a little annoyed(jealous).  But in general, I like the day.  I like thinking about possibilities and romantic gestures that (in a far away, fairytale world) I could receive.  I've had a lot of really really good valentines days.  Last year wasn't that exciting, I just watched 500 days of summer with my friend, but all the years before that were pretty cool.  The year before I was in Boston with my dad and we went out to this really funny little diner and just spent the day together.  I remember we went to Faneuil Hall and there were so many Valentines decorations everywhere.
The year before that I was also in Boston and I went to the aquarium with my mom, Eli, and this boy that I liked.  It was freeeeeezing and we waited outside for tickets for such a long time and when we got in the aquarium staff gave us hot chocolate and graham crackers and then took our picture.
So that was V-day 2009.  I was a junior in high school, and that was the first time I ever cut my own bangs.  My memories are categorized by my hair color and style of the moment.  It's how I remember things.
So, V-day 2008 I was in Disney World with my mom and dad.  I remember we went to this really nice seafood restaurant next to Nemo's under the sea ride.  I also remember wishing my sister was there.
Check that out.  Black hair.  Anywho, I've had some really nice valentines days in recent years.  I can't remember past sophomore year, but I'm sure they were pretty uneventful.
Also, I'm really grateful for the fact that I've had a Facebook since I was 14 so I can pull up all my photos over the last six years.  
So yes, Valentines Day this year is most likely going to come and go like every other day, but Liz&I have decided this weekend to eat some candy and watch some Nicholas Sparks movies in celebration of this girly day.
Seriously, I wonder what guys think about good ol Valentines Day.  I wonder if they dread it, don't really care, or really enjoy it.  Especially if you have a girlfriend, I'm sure it can get really stressful for these guys.  Not that I'm giving any sympathy, because guys will always have it easier than women(as we girls well know), but it's just interesting to look into a different perspective.
Anywho, enjoy your Valentines Day in whatever way you wish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment