Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Hair Chronicles.

So after my last post I've been trying to figure out how many times I've dyed my hair and which colors I've done, so here we go.  I've been digging through photos over the last five/six years and I think I've got all of the different colors.  Here we go.
Natural Hair- age 14.  The last time I had this color.  Also, keep in mind that I was young and silly while taking these photos, so most of them are stupid poses and such.  Right after this photo I chopped all the hair off, and it hasn't been this long since.

Then, also age 14, I dyed my hair from a box for the first time ever and loved it for the whole week and a half that it stayed in.
Soon after, it faded back to my normal-ish hair color,
 Then on impulse, at fifteen I made the idiot decision to dye my hair black.  At this point Heather, as seen below, had platinum blonde hair.  I thought of us as the sun and the moon.
 Then we went through the disaster of fixing the black hair.  It was black for somewhere around two months, until my very light colored roots became super noticeable so Lucia decided she was capable enough to fix it.  We figured I might as well go from black to blonde, not realizing how stupid of an idea that was.  So my roots took to the dye and the rest of my head didn't react as well.
 Immediately after I brushed this nightmare out, Lucia ran to the store and got a medium brown to dye over the blonde nonsense, which then turned my hair red.
 Very, very, red.  I actually really liked this one.  Once it settled from the freakishly bright red, I really liked it.
 And then of course my hair started changing colors in the summer sun, turning it almost neon orange.
 And then it got roots and all that jazz, so my friend Jenny came over and dyed it.  I'm pretty sure I was still fifteen at this point.
 The result was a grape-juice type purple.  I really liked this one too, but much like all the others, it faded.
 And turned brown!
 And then somehow that is still unclear to me, it faded more and in the sun yet again turned that bright orange.

 So I dyed it back to brown.  Age 16.
Faded out to half natural, half brown.
Then I experimented with sun-in, leaving my roots super blonde and the rest red.
 Despite the freakiness, I think I liked this color best. Age 17.
 And then we dyed it back to a normal color.
And then I went through a really boring period of time where I wasn't allowed to dye my hair because graduation was coming up and blah blah blah.  But, the day after graduation, Steph and I experimented with fun colors.
 And then I went to college and decided to bond with my suitemates and let them dye my hair.
 Which of course faded to brown.  And then spring break came along and I had Liz dye my hair again, staining both her pillow that night and my straightener red.
 Fast forward six months, I'm at Kesha's in NH and we decide to put streaks in her hair.  I get purple, which ends up doing funky things in my hair.

Then a few days before I leave for school over the summer, I dye my hair dark brown.

 Which faded to what I have now!


So according to my count, I have dyed my hair sixteen times, if you count the three times I got streaks/highlights that I didn't mention or photograph.  Hope you enjoyed this very long/pointless blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment