Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The pups.


I know, they're raggedy lookin dogs.  But they just love to roll around in all sorts of junk and things making it more difficult for us owners.  Jake, the top photo, is a neurotic little cockapoo who was born with cataracts, so he runs into pretty much everything.  Joey is my fat little schnoodle that I've had since third grade.  They're a pretty colorful part of my family.  I like Joey best.  I don't care.  I play favorites.  Jake is obsessed with tennis balls and too often he mistakes my foot for his tennis ball, biting and trying to run away with it.  He even sleeps with it in his mouth.  If he loses it, all hells breaks loose.  The dog cries this terrible, headache-inducing cry and runs around in circles until someone finds it for him.  And the dog is afraid of everything.  I turn off the lights downstairs before bed, and he starts crying and runs frantically up the stairs to my parents room.  Yes, my defective puppy is afraid of the dark.  Don't even get me started on thunderstorms...
Joey, however, is freaking adorable.  He's so lovable and affectionate and we have a bond.  I got to name him, you see, so we've been attached since he was brought home.  Heather, my sister, got to name Jake, so I say that pretty much makes Jake her problem.  Sike, he's my problem too, and of course I love him despite of his issues.
So much character in one little family, and we've only covered the pets...
jake and his ball.

jake with his polo.

joey sleeping on my arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment