Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011


I hate tuesdays.  There's always one day that I just dread each semester and this semester it's tuesdays.  And this one may be one of the worst of them all.  It started with work this morning, which is really a kind of fantastic job.  I'm a nanny, so I cook and clean for good kids and a very sweet mother from seven to nine in the morning on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.  But I had little sleep last night, and had been really dizzy and lightheaded all through the morning- even before using the cleaning chemicals.  And I was nervous.  So nervous, like the most nervous I've been since before the night before I left for La Vida (that experience will be coming in a later post).  Nervous, because I had a debate to present with my three group-mates early this morning.  And not just any debate, a philosophical debate.  I do not have a philosophical mind.
Anywho, we prepared a few days ago and were really set in our ideas and examples, but then our professor emailed us last night to remind us that we were arguing for the claim, not against like we had planned.  That turned everything upside down.  So this morning, while I am cooking breakfast and folding laundry, I'm thinking about what the heck I'm going to say.  And literally ten minutes before class starts, I finish writing my measly little introduction.  And sad to say, we lost the debate.  But seriously, none of us (in the group) personally supported the claim, so it's hard to convince someone else when you yourself are not convinced.  Twas a stressful morning.  The amount of relief that I hold right now that it is over is pretty substantial.
Later on I have to present my essay for Jane Austen's Persuasion (I hated it) and have my class dissect it, and then later I have a discussion group for Old Testament, another class that I am thoroughly not fond of.
Tuesdays.
On the plus side, Glee and New Girl are on tonight.  Maybe I'll bake something delicious for my lovely roommate and I to enjoy on this terrible Tuesday.  I'll keep ya posted ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment