Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

At Last, My Love Has Come Along.

So I think it's about time that I get into this 'forever fall' business.  And what better time than now, with harry potter playing on the tv and my suitemate singing to harry potter puppet pals?   Perfect environment for focusing.
Anywho, I have a thing for fall.  A love affair, if you will.  I love it, I wait all year for it, and I miss it dearly when it leaves me.  It goes back to a deeply rooted love of the leaves.  I was (and still am) that annoying child that would jump from crunchy leaf to crunchy leaf and take about twenty minutes longer than necessary to ensure that every leaf was properly crunched.  I used to gather all of the leaves in my back yard and just lay in the pile for what felt like hours, just smelling the october air.  October air, you see, has a very distinct smell and it is my absolute favorite.  It's like a mixture of campfire and cinnamon and brisk air.  It's lovely.
Then I grew up, and still loved carving pumpkins with my family, and going to seasonal things like the Fall Festival in my town.  And I fell in love, one autumn. Something in the air I suppose.
Needless to say, I hold a special place in my heart for this time of year.  And let me tell you, dear friends, Autumn is just about here in my dear New England.
In my world, 'tis forever fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment