Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Today I think of the families of the twenty children who died eleven days ago.  The stacks of presents that will remain unopened until the parents can muster up enough strength to deal with them.
The stockings, the ornaments, the holiday pajamas...the most pure symbols of the holiday season tainted as reminders of the devestation.
I find it really difficult to enjoy my new things when there are so many parents grieving over the reality that their children will never receive those presents chosen so carefully and lovingly for them.
Grief.  I can't imagine.
I keep catching myself asking why.  Why did Adam kill them?  Why did he, a person with a name and a favorite color and a family, make the decision to hurt innocent children?  Why?

My God, What A World You Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment