Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Les Mis.

I saw it.
Aaron Tveit & Eddie Redmayne.  Shoot.  We'll get to that.
It was beautifully done, in my opinion.  There was a lot of criticism on the cinematography, but I thought it was really well done.
Anne Hathaway was incredible.  Incredible.  She deserves that Oscar.
Hugh Jackman is also an incredible actor, however I was just the tiniest bit disappointed with his singing in some of the songs because he had a tendency to whisper or speak-sing parts that I have heard belted.  This was actually a recurring issue.  Because I've been non stop listening to Les Mis soundtracks for a while, I have a certain idea of what I want the songs to sound like.  Samantha Barks could have done so much better in my opinion.
I saw her concert Les Mis performance and she was way more expressive and loud and passionate.  She just seemed super toned down for the movie, which was probably on purpose because in reality Eponine isn't a super large role as her character isn't in the movie for long.
I've heard lots of people were unhappy with Amanda Seyfried's performance, but I actually thought she was great.  No complaints there.
Okay.
Eddie Redmayne.

I'm in love with him (surprise).
As you may know, I've been obsessed with 'empty chairs at empty tables'.  I was pretty certain I was going to hate it in the movie because it would be different.  But shoot.  It was intense.  And one of my favorite parts of the movie.  He did so well.  It was so sad and his voice is beautiful.

I think that the group songs were the best, especially Red & Black and One Day More.  So good.
I think the casting was brilliant, and I think the barricade scenes were the greatest.  So emotional.
Aaron Tveit is so incredibly attractive.  So so so so so attractive.

His (Enjolras) death was really intense as well.
It killed me.
I loved it.
Well done, Les Mis.


Except now, as you might have guessed, I'm awake at 2am watching youtube clips of everything Aaron Tveit's ever performed in...
Including Next to Normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment