Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I feel so so guilty.
I just read a letter I've received from Deisy, the little girl I sponsor in Colombia.  I haven't gotten one of her letters for somewhere around six months, and to be honest I haven't thought about her as often as I should.
I've sponsored this little girl for the past four years now, and she really loves me.  She has so little but she seems so happy and so in awe of life and animals and the ocean.  She ends every letter with telling me she thanks God for my life.  She sends me in this letter Psalm 9:10.
Those who know Your name trust in You,
for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You.
She's so smart; she started writing to me in her own handwriting when she was six and I remember being so surprised at how well she wrote.  She tells me in this letter that she's gotten excellent grades this semester, as she always has.  She asks me if I'm proud of her.
I like to think that she's a little like me; she tells me she likes to daydream and she loves wearing ribbons in her hair and playing with dolls.
She tells me her wish this Christmas is to someday hear my voice.

Who am I to mean so much to this little girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment