Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 is coming to a close.  The fact that I have time to write this blog post means that little is happening for me tonight.
I had plans to go to two different parties tonight, but they both fell through.
So Heather, Russell, and I went to Tim's house where his family was having a family party.  It was actually pretty fun, but we only stayed for about an hour.  Now Heather and I are wearing footy pajamas and about to watch Dark Shadows.
So sad.
I was originally planning to look at my grades for this semester after I return from Ireland so as not to stress me out (these grades determine my study abroad), but now I'm thinking hey, could I really make tonight any worse?
I hate not having plans.  Hate hate hate it.  Especially on New Years Eve.
Tomorrow will be fun, as Lucia, Homeboy, Heather and I are going to Philadelphia to have a fancy breakfast with my Aunt & Uncle, and then we are seeing the Mummers Parade.  So that'll be fun.
And then I have to drive back to Gordon, and the next day depart for Ireland.
I am terrified.
But anyways, let's do a recap of 2012, shall we?  For this, I will consult my Facebook and iCalendar for accuracy.  We'll do tweets as well.

January:
My January 1, 2012 Facebook status says I watched Insidious with Beckie and Steph.  Bad idea.  There was many a nightmare because of that movie.  I had a really really great night sometime this month where Stephanie and I stayed up till four am watching disney movies and playing battleship.    And then I returned to school and began my terrible classes, including Astronomy.

February:
Gordon Globes, rainforest cafe with friends, salsa clubbing with Tibbs, Kesh, Eli & Laura, and the worst Valentines Day ever.  I sat in purple gum at a basketball game.

March:
Stephanie came to visit!  Spring break came and I went on a terrifying adventure into Chinatown, NY with Heather and Aunt Sue to get a fake Louis Vuitton purse.  Terrifying, yet successful.  Then I hopped a plane with Liz and Laura and had such a fun vacation in Chicago visiting Chelsea.  It was one of the best vacations.  We played banana grams and woke up each morning to disney music.  We saw the Chicago river dyed green for Saint Patricks Day.  It was freakishly hot.  Chelsea came to visit two weeks after we returned to school.  I also began the Pretty Little Liars obsession this month, according to Twitter.

April:
Easter Break at Kesha's!  So fun, I have the best time at Kesha's.  I got pulled over for the first time in NH, so that was fun.  We also discovered the cutest cafe ever created (which has since closed).  I saw the Hunger Games in theatres this month, sparking another obsession.  I got hired for adventure camp and had my training this month.  Met my people.  Golden goose was this month, loved it.  Teebs, Kesh, and I picked out our urns.  Quote of the month by Kesha: "It makes me sad when the urns are out of stock."

May:
Bombed my finals, went home.  Lucia taught me how to break into our house with a credit card.  Went mini golfing for Steph's birthday.    Went to Brooklyn for Victoria's (my niece) baptism.

June:
Adventure Camp.  Failed at everything for most of June, then finally got into the swing of things towards the end.  Walked past Adam Sandler and his family in the mall.  Freaked out.

July:
Spent fourth of July week at Kesha's.  Went hiking & off-roading with her mom.  Got my lip pierced.  Continued adventure camp.

August:
Left adventure camp.  Turned 20.  Saw Newsies on Broadway.  Went to Disney World  [***highlight of 2012***]

September:
Directed a photo shoot in the rain.  Got pulled over again for speeding with no consequence.

October:
Heather visited.  We went on a candlelit tour through Salem.  Definitely a highlight.  Sarah turned 21, & went to her first party. Got accepted into Ireland trip.  Started caring about Politics.

November:
Got baptized.  Saw Peter and the Starcatcher on Broadway.  Thanksgiving at home with my crazy goofy family.

December:
Here we are.  Great Christmas, great Hannukah weekend in NH, and preparing for Ireland!

2012 was half terrible, half amazing.  I made a lot of stupid mistakes that have (cheesy) become good lessons.
I'm bringing in the New Year with an open mind, so so thankful for my life.
Happy New Year, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment