Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

So it's the end of the semester.  The end of a long and tiring semester for everyone.
An apartment of six girls was and is an awful idea.  Half of us are confrontational, the other half not, and all of us have a temper.  And we're different and we're in a small space and there's just too many of us.  It's bringing out the worst in me.
I finally have my summer plans sorted and they're arguably more terrifying than not know what I was going to do.
I am so so so blessed to have two fantastic internships lined up for the summer.  I will be at Gordon two days a week working with the VP of communications and design department, and then will be interning at Elevate Communications in Boston three days a week in the creative content department.  So I'm set.
Things that scare me:
-Commuting to Boston
-Working for a professional PR firm
-Not knowing what I'm doing
-Not doing an excellent job

The last two are kind of silly fears.  I mean, I'll be new so obviously I won't know how everything works when I show up, but I'm a quick learner and I work hard, so it should be fine...right?
The first two are totally legit.  I am being thrusted into adult life.  I'm going to be paying rent and commuting to work in the city.  I'm going to be working from 9-5 at an office.  Then I'm moving to LA.
WHAT IS HAPPENING IN MY LIFE.
Oh, adulthood, I never wanted you.
...but I'm thankful you're coming in the best of ways.  These are really amazing opportunities for my career and I really think that I'm going to love them.
I got a card today in my mailbox from Monica's mom with photos of Monica and a note inside.
What is there left to say?  It never gets easier.
I am so thankful for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment