Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Aaaaaaaand since my last post, much has happened.
Yesterday my group went canoeing.  I hate canoeing.  So a girl was crying because she didn't want to do it so after canoeing for maybe twenty minutes, we get out and i chill with her on shore while the group canoes.  Then one of the counselors I live with, Peter, comes over and jumps in a canoe and paddles away.  So I stand out in the water up to my knees and he paddles over and I tip his canoe.  Then he starts dripping water at me so i turn, walk three steps towards him, and he steps back and nearly trips over a canoe.  Now, the reason he nearly tripped over the canoe is because he caught himself, and to do so he stepped up really quickly (with a lot of force), and in doing so and also because the kid's like eight feet tall, his knee was thrusted into my face.
Nosebleed.
Now, I do not like blood.  So I'm running into the woods after I see blood on my fingers because I'm certain I'm going to start barfing.  But it didn't bleed a lot, it just hurt.  Several people thought I broke it. But I highly doubt it, it looks the same today and it only hurts a little.  Thank the Lord.
And then I lose my voice.
This part seems really insignificant but let's think about this.  I'm a camp counselor, counseling fourteen eleven year old girls this week.  And I don't think I've ever lost my voice for longer than an hour before.  So all day today my voice is still gone.  And I mean gone.  No one can understand me and I can't shout so it was a mess.
I am now ready for camp to be over.
I'm just going to miss my friends.
Two more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment