Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

God is good.
I think one of the most important lessons I've learned in my experience since committing to Christ is to surrender.  I'm a planner.  I make life plans and if they seem like they could work out, I will invest in them.  And then when they don't work out, I'm crushed.
I'm learning how to experience the let down without getting crushed, to have faith.  My roommate and I were talking about how crazy a concept faith is.  It's not just the generic faith that all Christians have in God, it's knowing that God will take care of you even when everything is crumbling.
I wasn't planning on doing Adventure Camp.  I wasn't planning on moving into a house full of thirty granola heads I had never met, doing challenging things I've never done in the heat.
I wasn't planning on doing anything but surviving  the summer.  And as disgustingly cheesy as this sounds, I not only survived, I was changed.  I feel like God rescued me from myself this summer, by giving me a family and a home and a realization of just how much I can do and who I can be.
I'm endlessly thankful for this summer and all the things and people that filled it.  So much so that it breaks my heart to leave.  I feel like I've been restored this summer, but will going back into the normal swing of things break me again?  Will I forget?  I'm learning that I can't even allow myself to worry about it, because God is faithful and will always be faithful.
God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment