Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

I've been trying recently to take a step back every once and a while and appreciate the moment I am having at the time.  There have been a lot of moments this summer where I have been in awe of a moment or an experience, and I've been trying to take note of those moments.  Appreciate life a little more.
This summer I went to NYC with my mom to see Newsies, and before the show we went out to dinner with my aunt and uncle.  They took us to this beautiful little restaurant in manhattan that had an exposed wall.  I don't know if that's the right term but basically the wall that faced the street and all of the people and beautiful sights of the city were right there.
And there was this moment when everyone at the table was laughing, the sun was just beginning to set, there was a cool breeze blowing through the restaurant, and the song 'I'll Follow You Into The Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie was playing (one of my favorite songs) was playing through the speakers.  And at this moment everything seemed perfect and I just kept thinking remember this moment.
And as I write this I realize that is a Taylor Swift quote and now it seems cheesy.
But really, it was a little perfect moment that I want to record so I can keep it forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment