Pages

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

There is so much peace that comes with Christmas Eve night.  I'm surrounded by family and Christmas hymns and movies expressing joy and love.  So much happy.  I know that the morning brings exciting traditions like presents and hot chocolate, but I'm most excited about the hefty dose of family that I will be taking in.
I have the greatest family in the world.
Today we had our yearly Christmas Eve party, and then my whole family went to the Christmas Eve service at church--even Stephanie and her boyfriend came with us.  Then afterwards we got in our pjs and watched a Christmas movie and joked and laughed until deciding we couldn't stay up any longer.  So now, at 2:02 am, I am turning on 'Polar Express' and going to sleep.
I find myself consistently happy on each Christmas Eve night, and this year is no exception.
I still feel the magic of this night that I felt as a kid waiting for Santa.
I really love Christmas.
Have a wonderful Christmas, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment