Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

So This is the New Year.

I went to Ireland this year.  So weird, it feels like years ago.
I started my year in Ireland, and am ending it in New York City.
I had one very bad semester, and one very good.
I had four internships this year and learned a lot with each, although only two of them I really liked.
I did not crash a car this year (that's cause enough to celebrate).
I made an abundance of new friends, and lost one.
I have grown up a lot, despite my wishes to not.
This year has been so full.  Full of love and joy but also pain and despair.
I keep thinking of this movie I saw one, called Elena, llena de gracia.
Llena de gracia.  The word 'llena' means full, but it seems more encompassing of the meaning than the English word.
Llena de gracia, full of grace.
My year has been llena de gracia.
I am thankful for the depth of emotion and learning that I have swam through this year.
My New Years resolution is to start letting things go.  Not completely, but enough to move forward and be happy.
I want to go back next semester and appreciate Gordon and my last semester there, rather than grieving my semester in LA.  I want to keep my eyes open and notice how full life is and the wonder in that.
I am excited for a New Year, and I feel like I can peacefully release 2013.
Happy New Year, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment