Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

The Fourth of July (And the fifth and the sixth)

4th of July weekend has turned out to be pretty fantastic.
And it's only Saturday evening!
On the fourth I walked from a friend's house with my roommate to this big beach celebration.  It was sweet.  There was live music and people everywhere and the weather was beautiful.




And the fireworks.
I am such a girl.  Fireworks get to me.  They're so cool and beautiful and romantic and I love them.
So that was great.
And then we came back and celebrated some more with Eli at the apartment.
I worked yesterday and then went to dinner at the adventure camp house, and then after about three showers and nearly passing out in my stuffy hot apartment, Melissa and I went out last night, which was a lot of fun.
And then today we (Melissa&I) were pretty miserable waking up because we didn't sleep well because of the heat and our fans just aren't doing the trick.
So we decided to spend the last of our money on movie tickets in a nice, comfy, air-conditioned theatre.
Twas the best investment.
We went to the mall really early (about 3 hours before the movie) just to walk around in the air conditioning, and then Melissa had the best idea: puppies.
So we picked out the cutest puppy at the puppy store and played with him for twenty minutes.  He was a cross between a french bulldog and a beagle.  So cute.
I still have scratches on my hand from his teeth.
So so stinking cute.  And I talked to the pet store guy who told me that all of the puppies from this chain store (Pet Express) are given homes (even if it means that the employees buy them - everyone at this store had at least three) and never put in shelters no matter how old they get.
So that's nice, and I shall buy a clearance puppy when I am older and have a stableish life.
Anywho then we saw Man of Steel.  Which was pretty good.
I probably won't see it again, but it was goodish.
Literally I would have paid ten dollars just to look at the main character for two hours.
I would have paid just for the air conditioning, really.
Anywho Henry Cavill is very attractive, so that was nice.  Insane muscles.

Anywho.
I'm now watching Arrested Development (I'm obsessed) and doing laundry/pinterest.
So that's nice.
Too bad it's still really freaking hot in here.
And there are ants everywhere.  
Not the defenseless little ants that eat up left over food or congregate when it rains.
The big ones.
The ones that bite.
They are everywhere.
So sleeping is problematic as I have felt them crawl across my leg or arm on several occassions each night.
And it's so hot.

But one month today I will be going to Atlantic City to celebrate my birthday with my closest friends.
SO EXCITED.
Anywho, I shall prepare dinner now and shower (for the twelfth time).
Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment