Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

So, I'm unofficially going to Spain next semester!
For some reason I'm not excited...yet.  I still have to get approved to do the CIEE application and then they have to officially accept me into the program.  And then I'm in.  But I just had my interview with the Study Abroad office and they told me that I shouldn't make on-campus housing plans because while they're not allowed to actually tell me that I'm in, they've never turned anyone down for the program that I'm applying to.
So, I'm gonna go ahead and say I'm going to Spain.
And while this is super exciting and something I've been dreaming about for years, I just can't help but think about the reality of the situation.  I'm moving to a foreign, spanish-speaking country by myself.  I'm going to be taking classes conducted in spanish, traveling by Spanish metro, and trying to make friends with people who do not speak english.  And I am terrified.
I'm still really incredibly thankful for the opportunity and excited to do it, but shoot is this scary.
I'm moving to Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment