Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

So I'm babysitting.  And I just got the nine year old to bed after convincing him that the cars driving by outside are just cars and the weird sounds coming from his bedside table are just his weird water bottle and the ambiguous clunking from downstairs is the ice-maker.  So he seemed satisfied and agreed to try to sleep.
But now, as I sit downstairs and apply for internships, there is the strangest sound coming from outside.
It literally sounds like a spaceship is landing in the backyard.
Now, I see no mysterious lights coming in from the windows, so I'm going to assume that this is not the case.  And I'm not about to look out the window into the black unknown for fear of seeing something frightening (horror movies have damaged me).
It's got to be a plane, right?
It's that hovering sound that is smoother than a helicopter, so it must be a plane.  But the odd thing about this sound is that it gets really loud and then suddenly very quiet, then a minute or two later it gets really loud again.
And oh yeah there aren't any airports in Wenham.
So planes should not be flying this low anyways.
It's a UFO.
I am writing this blog post so that when E.T finally comes to fulfill his life-long goal of destroying me, everyone will know what has become of me.
E.T. did it.
And maybe people will stop thinking he's so cute and harmless.
Because he's not.

So anyways, it's only a matter of time before the child makes his way down the stairs to ask me what this legitimately concerning sound is.
And what shall I say?
Oh it's nothing, just a plane...

No comments:

Post a Comment