Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I hate cell phones.
I was in my PR class today and I looked around at one point when the professor was lecturing and saw six out of thirteen or fourteen people in my class playing with their iPhones.
It makes me nuts.
Now, I think iPhones are awesome and if I ever get enough money, I will purchase one.
But is it really necessary to be on it all of the time?
When I was in high school, we weren't allowed to be on our phones during class because it was distracting and, well, rude.
But now that we're adults and not adhering to strick classroom rules, we seem to think it's okay to be consistently texting and tapping away on our phones.
It's making me nuts.
I'll be having a conversation with a friend or classmate, and they'll be texting or searching or even answering calls in the middle of the conversation or lunch or whatever.  It's crazy to me.
I would love to have a basket next to the door of my apartment/classroom/everywhere where phones have to be stored.
But that's kind of controlling and crazy, I suppose.
If only.

No comments:

Post a Comment