Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring break is upon us.
Meaning, I'm in Jersey.
Much has happened in the two days that I've been home, but possibly the greatest experience was seeing Oz the Great and Powerful in theatres today.
First of all, the movie was fabulous.  I was expecting it to be good (I mean, it's Disney) but the effects and the camera work and the colors were just so so great.
But the real treat was the theatre.  For all of the time that I lived in New Jersey, I went to the same ghetto movie theatre three minutes from my house.  It's my movie theatre.
Sometime between Christmas break and the last few weeks, the theatre was renovated and turned into the most amazing movie theatre ever.
I'm serious.
So instead of the typical stationary rows of seating, each person gets their own red leather armchair that automatically reclines with a footrest at the push of a button.  In fact, these are the chairs:

Aren't these sweet?!  So Homie, Heather, Lucia, and I went out to the movie and hopped in these and oh my goodness it was wonderful.  Also, the movie was in 3D so that was pretty awesome also.
But shoot.
Shoot.
I just can't handle how amazing this movie experience was.  Even Homeboy said he wants to start coming to movies every weekend.  He was exaggerating, but such a claim was a big deal.
It was so great.
Also, tomorrow I'm taking a blast from the past and working at a concert in Pennsylvania.
In high school I used to work pretty frequently with my mom for local christian concerts, and tomorrow I'm doing it again.
I haven't worked a concert in at least three years, and I'm super excited to go.  I have the greatest memories of meeting people and learning things about lighting and soundboards and instruments.
I'm excited.
I'm also really really tired and I'm pretty confident that half of this post is pretty incoherent.
But hey, I'm not gonna proof read anything (but really, do I ever?).
Time to snuggle up with some Will & Grace.
Goodnight, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment