Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Many elements of today need to be shared, as it has been an action-packed day.
Let's start with right now.
I'm babysitting, as I have most Friday evenings since September.  It's a really sweet job, but it's three boys under the age of ten, so it took a while to get a bond going between me and the kids.  I'm used to baby boys or little girls who constantly show me they love me by hugging and cuddling and giggling.  But these are boys, and they're not babies, and they're not super affectionate.  In the beginning it was really frustrating for me because I would try really hard to get them to like me, but they were never into it.
I thought they hated me, especially the youngest.  He's three, and like most three year olds, he wants to be around his mom all the time.  So I think the idea of me spending time with him instead of his mom wasn't favorable, so he tends to yell at me or just stare at me when I'm trying to make him laugh.  Frustrating.
But today I got here and took the oldest boy (age 9) to an appointment and he talked the whole time and we laughed and joked about silly things, and then later I was knitting at the house while the boys ate dinner, and as soon as they finished they all sat around me and watched me knit.  And the youngest like scooted up next to me and fell asleep on my arm.
I died.
I feel like that is babysitting success in a nutshell.
Time to get them to bed, more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment