Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

So the day has come, it's Thanksgiving.
Steph and I prepped last night by watching Pocahontas, which as we all know is where Thanksgiving began.
But as for today, I woke up a little after noon from a really weird dream where I had a baby with this guy I know (I feel so creepy when it's someone I know, like why can't it just be Ryan Gosling or something?), and went downstairs to start the festivities.  In previous years (for my entire life), my family has gone to one of my aunts' houses and had the traditional turkey dinner with about fifteen to twenty relatives.  This year, my family stayed home and ordered indian food.  Very unconventional, very strange.
But, it turned out great.  We sat down together at like 12:30 and ate indian food at the table and talked and laughed and told stories of Heather and my childhood.  And then we all went to the living room and watched football, drank wine, and went through the online black friday deals that began today to make a list for Lucia.  It was super fun, especially because we're rarely all in the same room and when we are it's hysterical.  They're so weird.  So funny.  And for days like today with my family, I am thankful.
So tonight, we (minus Homie) are going to continue our Thanksgiving tradition of going to a movie.  We narrowed it down to seeing Wreck it Ralph or Anna Karenina, so naturally in my family- we chose Wreck it Ralph (it's disney, of course).
And then tomorrow Stephanie and I are off to New York City to go out to dinner and see a show on Broadway.  Which, you ask?  We don't know, as my aunt is surprising us!  So that'll be super fun.
As for now, I need to clean my room and pack my bag for tomorrow!
Happy Thanksgiving, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment