Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

So I realized I haven't really gone into detail on a lot of things from the past month or so (Disney, Jersey &such) and I was thinking today about my favorite disney moments from last month.
So my family and I went with my aunt June and cousins Salvatore and Francesca.  I was a little nervous because my parents, Heather, and I are all disney freaks and love all the rides and cheesy story lines and characters and the whole sha-bang.  My cousins were less than excited.  They're not a huge fan of rides and have never really been into Disney movies.  So there was one day we went to Animal Kingdom, and my aunt had been talking about this one ride that she would be interested in, which was a big deal because of her aversion to rides.  So we go, and it's one of those little roller coasters that jerk you around the corner super fast so it seems like you're going to fly off the edge.  But it's not super high or fast or anything, just jerky and jumpy with a few drops and such.  So I go in a little cart with Francesca and Heather, and we begin.  So we click up the the top and start flying around corners and decide that we are not a fan of being flung around and are fairly certain we aren't going to survive.  And after deciding this we click to the top of the highest drop, and Francesca starts singing to calm herself.  However it's not really singing at all, it's rapping.  And all of a sudden Heather joins in on the rapping and we're on this little animal kingdom ride with Heather and Francesca rapping this ridiculous song so loudly.
So after that, every time we went on a ride that we were nervous about/that scared Cesca, we would start rapping this song.  And I have this great memory of Cesca, Heather, Sal, and I sitting on a bed in the resort listening to the song on Cesca's laptop and Heather rapping it so dramatically and it was just really great.  The four of us are all super super different and it was just kinda cool to be all getting along and laughing and enjoying each other.  Even if it was over a dirty rap song.
Since I know you're wondering, this is the song.
There was another time in Disney when there was 'extra magic hours' in MGM, which is the park where Tower of Terror&Rockin Roller Coaster are.  If you're not following, google it, but basically it's the best ride at Disney.  And extra magic hours means the park is open later than usual, so on this particular night the park was closing at ten pm I think.  So we had gone out for dinner in a different park and during dinner Sal had said he wanted to try Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller coaster.  Homie, Heather, and I are huge fans in particular of these rides and Sal had previously not been interested in trying them so we were all super pumped.  So at like 9pm we're running to the bus to take it to MGM to try to get on the rides before they close.  We get to the park at 9:20 and Heather, Homie, Sal, and I run all the way to Tower of Terror.  So we're booking across the parks and run onto the ride, get off, and run to Rockin Roller coaster.  We get off at 10:05 and leave.  Success.
It was super funny because we were all dressed nicely from dinner and we were running in our dresses and cute shoes. 
Disney was great.  Makes me miss my family.
But as for current life, it's going great.
Tibbs and Kesh are being kind of precious because they've recently started reading Les Miserables out loud to each other each night in preparation for the movie coming out in October.  They're getting super into it.
But I'm beginning Homeless Ministry in the morning, so I shall be off to bed.
Enjoy your weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment