Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

I had a really emotional evening.
Not bad emotional, just...emotions.
Very descriptive, I know.
What happened was this evening I had an hour before work so I decided to go to the mall and try to return some jeans.  On the way I called my dad, because I hadn't talked to him since I was home.  So I called him and told him about my classes and we chatted for about a half hour and it was really great.  We talked about how fun disney was and how successful of a family vacation it was and when I told him I was gonna get going he stopped me and started apologizing for not making an effort to call me more often since I've moved to school (two years ago), and was explaining why he hasn't and started explaining how much I mean to him.  And it killed me.
To begin to understand the weight of his statements, you have to know that I've had a lot of anger towards my dad for most of my life because he's very closed off and doesn't express emotion or show interest in many things.  So for him to not only acknowledge and apologize for those things, and then to tell me how much he adores me, I was floored.  It was one of those moments when you're just so overcome with emotion you don't even have time to think before your eyes just start flooding.  I don't have those moments often at all.
And then-this is going to sound way less significant compared to the first example- I was on stumbleupon and there was this page called  21 Pictures That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity.
And they were just really cute.  There's one picture of a guy giving a girl his shoes, and the girl has her face in her hands and that made me cry.
Goodness, it's like I'm pregnant.  I'm not one to cry often (ever, really) and I've been hit twice in one day!  Hormones?  Let's hope.
But for now, I'm just really thankful for random acts of kindness that shed a little light on the world. And for feeling the love I've always wanted from my Dad.
God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment