Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

My dreams will be the death of me.
I had a dream last night that I was dating Dermot Mulroney.
It started out with me being super young, like fifteen or something and him being younger as he was in My Best Friend's Wedding

And then my mom found out we were dating and she went ballistic because of the obvious age difference and made me feel really bad and told me that she would kick me out if I continued to date him.  So I talked to Dermot about it and was crying and blah blah and we broke up.
The next thing I know I'm in my twenties and Dermot is calling me, wanting to get back together and I'm obviously like hells yeah.  At this point he's looking like this
In my opinion, even more attractive than when he was younger.  So my life is awesome and we spend a lot of time snuggling and being totally innocent and precious and in love and such.  And then he gives me a beautiful diamond ring, which I now realize meant that we got engaged.  And oh my was it beautiful.  So we're engaged and super happy but my parents decide to whisk me away to Philadelphia in the hopes that I'll forget about Dermot and realize I like being young and dump him.  In Philadelphia my family and I go out to eat and there's a misunderstanding and we accidentally steal food so they arrest us.
And the next thing I know I'm again without Dermot because he can't find me because my parents are hiding me so I won't see him.
I don't remember what happened after that but I remember returning to his mansion with him standing outside waving to my parents who dropped me off.  He was very cooperative with their crazy rules and limitations, but he told me that he wanted me to be young and live my life for a while without him, and he'd be there waiting for me when I returned.
But the next thing I know, when I'm coming back to him and I've aged a ton, like I'm thirty or something and he's looking more like this
but maybe even a tad older.  And I don't even care because I'm head over heels for this guy, seeing as how I spent the last fifteen years of my life in a relationship with him.  I hadn't seen him for a long time I guess but I can still clearly see him standing there waiting for me.  He was on the porch under the porch light smiling and it was dark and he was just so cute and I couldn't stop smiling.  And he hugged me and kissed me and we went inside, he started a fire in the fireplace, we cuddled up on the couch, and he put the engagement ring back on my finger.  He kissed my forehead and began reading a book of Robert Frost poems (specific, right?!) and then my alarm went off.
And I almost skipped church because I wanted to go back to the dream.  Back to Dermot.
Aaaaand this is where we get the issues.
I have these great dreams about men that I don't know and they simulate love so clearly that I wake up and feel empty, like I'm missing something.
So sad.
So naturally to cope with reality I'm watching The Wedding Date, featuring Dermot (of course) and Debra Messing, from Will & Grace.
Naturally.
Oh Dermot, I hope he visits me again in my dreams tonight.  Legit it was the cutest stinkin love story ever and it was all mine.
And it was all a freakin dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment