Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Airports hate me.
I was really proud of myself because I packed up my life into one single suitcase all ready to go for this morning.  However I couldn't sleep last night because I kept having nightmares that my suitcase broke in the middle of the airport and I missed my flight.  So, I woke up this morning and started panicking because my suitcase was packed and could have easily broken, which resulted in my mom paying for me to take a second suitcase, which I grab and run out to door to pack at my dad's office.  So we get to his office (the airport is ten minutes from his office and his office is an hour from my house, so I went to work with him) and repack my suitcases so they both look safe.  I then get dropped off at the airport and after waiting in line the man says my suitcase is too heavy and I have to rearrange it to make it lighter.  So I'm sitting in the middle of the airport on the floor unpacking and re-packing my two suitcases to make the big one lighter.
I ended up transferring ten pounds of crap into the little suitcase so that was good and then I went through security.
And after going through the scanner, it starts beeping and lighting up and I look down and realize that the cargo pants I'm wearing are adorned with various metal hooks and loops.  Oops.
So I got my first ever airport pat down.  And then I got on the plane and now I'm here at adventure camp. And I'm exhausted.  I've been up since five and I only had four hours of sleep and today has been the longest day.
I have a meeting in twenty minutes where I will hopefully learn about what I'm doing with my life this summer.  I'll update you later!
So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment