Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

So much to say!
Things are in full swing around here.  We had our first two days of filming "We Meet Again" this past weekend and two more to come.  I'm producing it with Kyle, so we have our hands full.  It's going well.
At work we are in the middle of the American Film Market, so we are getting a ton of submissions for the company to look over and see if we want to buy.  So I'm doing a lot of coverage, which I LOVE.  Coverage just means that I watch one of the films or read a script and then write a logline, synopsis, and comments on what I think about that project.  Today I wrote two script coverage reports and two films.  Last week I made a comment about liking horror movies and ever since I have been given horror scripts and movies.  Which is great and I love it--but shoot some of these are terrifying.  Or disturbing.
But coverage is my favorite.
Nathan Johnson came to speak to my class yesterday!  He scored Brick, Looper, and Don Jon among other things.  And his cousin is Rian Johnson, which is the director of Brick and Looper.  He had a really great perspective and was really inspiring and encouraging about being an artist.  So now all I want to do is create things all of the time.
But then there is the other thing...I'm exhausted.  The most tired I have ever been in my entire life.  Right now I barely have the energy to type this out...and it's only 7:30.  I have a ton to do tonight.  But shoot.  No energy.  I think it's probably because we're in the middle of production and I have a thousand things to do every day, but even still, I'm wiped out.
So yes.
LA.
Everything is lovely and I've been going back and forth about staying here next semester to begin my career.  Why go back for a semester where I'll be miserable and losing connections?  I talked to Lucia about it today and she told me to do what I gotta do, but if I'm not going back next semester then I'm gonna have to stay here for Christmas because we can't afford to send me home and back.
99% sure I'm going back to Gordon next semester.
I'm excited to see my friends and to have some chill time.  But at the same time, going back is like taking a step backwards.  I feel like an adult out here because I'm working at a legit company and living in an apartment and producing a film...so how could I go back to being a student?  Feels backwards and I do not like backwards.
But I think that I need to go back to Gordon.
So I think I will.
So many decisions.  Who knows where I will be in seven months.  So scary.
SEVEN MONTHS till I graduate college.
Thank the Lord.
I'm over student-life.  I'm ready to have a job and be independent and ahhhh, I'm so excited.
So that's a chunk of my life as of now.
Also, I'm kind of a coffee drinker now, and I kind of hate myself for that.
It's a means of survival.
Also also EIGHT DAYS TILL HALLOWEEN.  Love Halloween.  I wish my sister and I could be together for it.
Lucia sent me a halloween package, as always.  They're the best.


She also walked around our front yard and down the street in Jersey to collect a bag of colorful autumn leaves.  She sent them to me.  I teared up.  My mom is the best and I really do miss the east coast & all of the things/people that go with it.
But I have some photos to edit and a script to work on, so I must depart.
Happy Wednesday, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment