Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

I Wish That I Could Have This Moment For Life

I feel like time doesn't exist here.
Like I'm living in some parallel universe where it's always sunny and everyone just has fun and is happy and never grows older.
I see photos of changing leaves and hear about warm spiced pumpkin somethings, but they never reach here.  Not in the land of endless summer.
It's really weird.  It's weird to see photos of people I know wearing scarves and boots and doing fall things.  Why would I wear a scarf?  Summer hasn't left me yet.  And it never will.  Not here, at least.
It's almost a wonderful kind of sickness.
Always having fun, always tanning and smiling and going out and staying the same.  No rain or snow to remind you that there's another world out there, that time is passing.
It's my own little neverland.
It's going to be so hard to leave.  It's like an addiction, this place.
And when I go back to the east coast, I will be going back to snow and cold and familiar things.
And familiar things feel bad.
I feel like I need to be advancing, adventuring and moving forward to all new things.  Familiarity feels like a step backwards.
I also know that this place will never be the same once I leave.  All of my friends and I will be going our separate ways and if I were to return, it would feel empty.
So I'm in a weird place, in this neverland.
I want to stay forever, but I know that this magical land will never exist again come December.
But at the same time, I wouldn't want to stay here forever, because I want to move forward.
And I can only be in one place for so long before it's time to move on.
Bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment