Pages

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Finally, a moment.
A moment to breathe, to sit in bed, to blog.
I'm watching the Godfather, which is a movie I was supposed to watch prior to arriving at the LAFSC program, but never got around to.  It just happened to be on TV in my hotel room.
Also, Lucia and I have different rooms in our hotel room.  I have a door and everything.  It's a really wonky set up, both rooms have a queen sized bed and very little space for anything else.  But it's awesome.  We also each have a flat screen TV mounted on the wall in front of our beds.  So that's nice.
I have had little contact with anyone but Lucia for about seven days now.  A door between our rooms is quite nice.
However, for seven days traveling across country with your mother, we've done incredibly well.
Not one fight.
We actually had a great trip.  It was beautiful.  I feel like everyone needs to see a good part of the country at some point in their life.
I now think how could I live in NYC after seeing all of this beauty?  How could I move to a place that is so familiar without seeing what's out there?

That being said, I've been in LA for a day and a half now.
It's practically a different country.
The driving is weird and very different from what I'm used to.  The population is a thousand times more diverse than I am used to.  The city is unlike any city I've ever been in.
It's all very different.  Not bad.  I think I might actually like it a lot once it becomes less foreign, but it's still overwhelming.
Very overwhelming.  I was walking down the street today and looked up and saw the Hollywood sign in front of my face.
Like, what?
I'm in Los Angeles.  That's weird.
Also I am having such a hard time trying to figure out how to drive here.
Everyone drives like NYC taxis.
It's crazy.
And there's so many things everywhere and I have no idea where to park my car and I don't recognize the names on any of the stores.
I just want a target and a whole foods and a big ol' parking lot.
But the parts that I've seen are wonderful.
I LOVE Venice beach.  I love it.  It's beautiful and there's so many shops and restaurants and I love everything about it.  And the weather has been beautiful.
So, so far I love LA.
But I feel like I need a week by myself to get to know the area and get used to the craziness.
But alas, I move in tomorrow.
And I think I start classes Monday.
Yikes.
Everything is going so fast.
And I miss my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment